Submitted by Jamie McFaul, Grants Officer
Major projects completed:
• Site visit with UMaine Center on Aging program director to review AmeriCorps member files and discuss progress reports.
• Posted the fixed amount continuation assessments for Maine Youth Alliance, Main Street Skowhegan, Trekkers, UMaine Center on Aging, and the Town of Van Buren for the grants task force.
• Reviewed and approved of the Maine Development Foundations’ corrective action report about recruitment.
• Review of all grantee progress reports; the performance measures and Quarter 1 and Quarter 2.
• Meeting with Greater Portland Council of Governments to discuss recruitment and their upcoming continuation year plan.
• Meeting with the Town of Van Buren staff about GPR’s.
• Worked with Trekkers finance staff to discuss fixed amount grant invoices and the timing of their processing.
• Attended and participated in the ASC Eastern Regional National Conference held in Burlington Vermont (3 days) .
• Attended building Inclusive Leadership and the Understanding of Staff Roles in Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at the State Commission Level with Thenera Bailey and Lisl Hacker.
• Meeting with the DOE planning grant applicant to discuss necessary corrections to their application.
• Meeting with Greater Portland Council of Governments Program (GPCOG) Director to go answer their continuation questions.
• Discussion with Program Director from Main Street Skowhegan about a potential early member exit.
• Continued compliance for further requests from Learning Works with AmeriCorps Integrity Improper Payments and Compliance Program Analyst .
• Processing of PER’s and reimbursement request for all AmeriCorps programs.
• Continuation instructions sent out to Maine Development Foundation along with a corrective action.
• Grants task force public and private meeting four continuation and planning grant consensus and drafting the motions for the full Commission meeting.
Issues to be aware of:
• Maine Development Foundation has decided not to continue due to lack of staff capacity.
• Working with the Executive Director and State Procurement to improve RFP competitive process.
Major focus of effort for the next month:
• Setting up AmeriCorps virtual and in person site visits for the end of June beginning of July.
• Close-out of 18AFHME001, Cost reimbursement awards.
• Continued an ongoing review and process of Periodic Expense Reports (PER’s), Periodic Income Reports (PIR’s), Aggregated Financial Reports (AFR’s) and Grantee Progress Reports (GPR’s) along with corresponding reimbursement requests.
• AmeriCorps site visits to review member files.
• Getting documents to begin setting up contracts.