Major projects completed
- Testing, repairs and updates to Volunteer Maine Website after a multitude of issues arose from a major update initiated by the contracted developer.
- Finished design of Maine Volunteer Roll of Honor ad, which was placed in Bangor Daily News on May 10.
- Helped to facilitate media request for Climate Corps Coordinator on for Energy News Network and helped to prepare Climate Corps Coordinator for interview.
- Established part one of 2022 PSA contract and edited and placed announcements with Blueberry Broadcasting Company, which is set to earn a 4-1 match.
- Produced, edited and distributed the first episode of Volunteer 207 video series.
- Collaborated with Program Officer to update Maine Volunteer Leadership Conference website, as well as distributing information on call for proposals.
- Produced Maine Volunteer Leadership Conference sponsorship opportunity one-pager and used contents to update a version for the website.
- Produced and distributed Commission appointments press release.
- Completed distribution of ceremony replays and follow up media from Governor's Awards for Service and Volunteerism.
Issues to be aware of
- Communications Officer's vacation: During the month of June, the Communications Officer will be on vacation from June 15 - June 26, returning Monday June 27.
Major focus of effort in the next month
- AmeriCorps funding announcement press release.
- June edition of "Volunteer Fare" newsletter.
- Ongoing work to update press release/news distribution lists to include updated list of commissioners, MVF Board members, and other supporters both in state government and AmeriCorps Federal agency.
- Finishing editing to episodes two and three of Volunteer 207.
- Planning outreach and recruitment visits.
- Continuing to assist Program Officer for Volunteer Sector Initiatives with content planning for Maine Volunteer Leadership Conference.
- Assisting Climate Corps Coordinator with media related items that might be faced in early months of the position.
- Working with video vendor to get creative work from final AmeriCorps recruitment projects before contract ends in June.
- Training Administrative Support Specialist in setup of public meeting live stream setup.
- Organic social media campaign to bring awareness to AmeriCorps.
- Preparing for FY 2023.
- Staffed Communications Task Force May meeting.
- Staffed MVF May meeting.
Prepared by Communications Officer Bryan Roche