Friday, April 20, 2018
Conference Room, Klahr Holocaust and Human Rights Center, Univ. of Maine Augusta, 46 University Drive, Augusta, ME 04330
All business meetings are open to the public. The closest parking is the lot in front of the Randall Student Center. This link goes to a map of the campus layout.
10:00 Public Comment Period Portela 10:10 Call to Order Portela 10:12 Welcome, Announcements, Agenda Adjustments
2. Quiz Answer
3. Announcements and Appreciations
4. Annual report
5. Additions or Deletions to Agenda
Portela Focus on Mission/Responsibilities 10:20 A. Overview of National Service appropriation for 2018
1. Language that changed programming
Crofton Business Reports
(Reports submitted are posted.)
10:30 A. Minutes
1. March meeting
Portela 10:35 B. Executive Committee
1. Respond to questions about April meeting notes
2. Consideration of updated motion authorizing action by Executive Committee (tabled motion)
Portela 10:45 C. Grant Selection and Performance
1. Meeting notes posted.
Wihry 10:50 D. Excellence and Expertise
1. Meeting notes posted.
Khoury/Ashmore 10:55 H. Public Information and Education/ Public Policy
Rancourt 11:00 I. CNCS Update Hite 11:00 J. MCCS Staff
1. Service Enterprise cohorts forming.
2. Certificate in Management of Volunteers - update
MCCS staff Planning and Future Initiatives 11:30 A. Commission Retreat Portela Business Wrap Up 11:35 A. National Service Staff annual recognition Portela 12:00 pm A. Adjourn to National Service Program Round Tables (working lunch and afternoon)
1. Reminder: Complete meeting evaluation forms
2. Next meeting (May 18) at Klahr Center, University of Maine Augusta
- Reports and Drafts
To facilitate board communication and assure compliance with the requirements for public notice, all MCCS meetings and work sessions will be posted on this site's Calendar as well as the State of Maine Legislative Calendar.
Task Force chairs are asked to check the dates/times/locations for their groups and notify staff of any changes.
As MCCS adds new staff and commissioners, we hope this central posting will help us all avoid "double booking" and, at the same time, make communication with partners smoother.
1. Business meeting minutes: March 2018
2. Executive Committee meetings: April 2018
3. Grant Selection and Performance: April 2018
4. Excellence and Expertise: April 2018
5. Public Information and Education: March 2018
MCCS Team Report:
Grant Programs Officer: Current
Program Development and Training Officer: Current
Commission 2017 Annual Report
Media Gallery links for ...
- Commish's Quiz
More than a contest, this is part of the "in-service education" for Commission board members.
Commission Members should: email their response before 5 pm Thursday, April 19, 2018!
Send your answers to Service.Commission@maine.gov. All correct answers will be well rewarded at the meeting.
This Month's Challenge
The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) created a new AmeriCorps program in 2016. It is not authorized under VISTA nor the State/National sections of the law do it shares only the name with those programs.
QUESTION: What are 2 of the traits that set AmeriCorps Affiliates apart from the other AmeriCorps programs?
REFERENCE HINT: Follow this LINK.