The Volunteer Rolls of Honor are a statewide to show appreciation to adults and youths who go above and beyond in terms of the time they devote to serving their communities.
This event would be held in April, and because we shifted the eligible hours to accommodate for the “COVID year” last season, you may use the same hours from December – March of 2021 that you have already reported on.
Any local organization can nominate someone who meets the criteria: town office, school, nonprofit or public agency. There is no cost to the nominator or person honored thanks to civic minded sponsors.
Nominations are due March 18th by 5 pm.
The Young Maine Volunteer Roll of Honor recognizes volunteers age 18 or younger who meet the following criteria:
- devoted 50 hours or more of volunteer service to the community during the past twelve months (January 1, 2021 – December 31 2021) preceding nomination deadline. Note charitable giving (i.e., participating in walkathons or other events to raise money) and court-ordered community service may not be counted.
- service hours are documented by the program(s) or organization(s) with whom the volunteer served.
All volunteers certified as qualifying by the nominating program will be recognized. This is not a competitive recognition program.
Individuals added to the youth Roll of Honor will receive:
- A Governor's Awards for Service and Volunteerism certificate signed by the Governor with the person's name and total hours of service during the prior year.
- A commemorative medallion
- Submission Deadline and Instructions
- Complete the nomination form and submit as an email attachment to Nathan.firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations will only be accepted in electronic form.
- Be sure to read the instructions, which are included on the form. Nominators must provide a brief description of the young person(s) service.
- Submit a nomination using this form (MS Excel). Save the completed Excel file with your organization's name in the title+YMRH. Example: Loomishighschool.YMRH.xls
- Attach the file to an email and send to email@example.com
- All information requested must be provided in order for the nomination form to be considered complete. Incomplete forms cannot be considered.
- Nominations will only be accepted electronically and no other supporting documentation will be considered.
- Each youth or group attending the recognition event must be accompanied by at least one adult.
- QUESTIONS about the nomination process may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org