This Maine Volunteer Roll of Honor is a statewide appreciation of adults who contribute significant time (500 hours or more) to serving their communities.
Every qualified nominee will be honored. This program is not competitive.
Any local organization can nominate qualified volunteers: town office, school, library, nonprofit or public agency. There is no cost to the nominator or person honored thanks to civic minded sponsors.
Nomination status: Closed until 2024!
The Maine Volunteer Roll of Honor recognizes volunteers age 19 and older who meet the following criteria
- devoted 500 hours or more of volunteer service to the community during the past twelve months (January 1 – December 31) preceding nomination deadline. Note charitable giving (i.e., participating in walkathons or other events to raise money) and court-ordered community service may not be counted.
- service hours are documented by the program(s) or organization(s) with whom the volunteer served.
Individuals added to the Maine Volunteer Rolls of Honor are recognized in the following ways:
- A Governor's Awards for Service and Volunteerism certificate signed by the Governor with the person's name and total hours of service during the prior year.
- A commemorative pin.
- Listing by name, town, and hours of service in an advertisement published in Bangor Daily News. This form of recognition is intended to generate more local congratulations from neighbors and friends of the volunteer. (Please note: The public announcement portion of recognition is for Adults only. Volunteer Maine does not publish public information about recipients under the age of 19.)
All volunteers certified as qualifying by the nominating program will be recognized. This is not a competitive recognition program.
- Submission Deadline and Instructions
How to submit.
- All nominations must be submitted using the online form which has an upload function through which the Nomination Data file is sent.
- Download this NOMINATION DATA file. (Word Doc with data table)
- Fill out the data table as directed on the form. Have someone proofread the table before you submit. The data will be used exactly as you enter it (no corrections will be made).
- All fields must be completed on the form because each row is entered in a database and used to complete certificates, media listings, etc. Use upper/lower case when entering data.
- You are asked to repeat the program name in which each person serves for each nominee. This allows one document to be used for multiple volunteer programs in an agency.
- Use THIS LINK to open the online submission form.