The Volunteer Rolls of Honor are a statewide to show appreciation to adults and youths who go above and beyond in terms of the time they devote to serving their communities.
This event would be held in April, and because we shifted the eligible hours to accommodate for the “COVID year” last season, you may use the same hours from December – March of 2021 that you have already reported on.
Any local organization can nominate someone who meets the criteria: town office, school, nonprofit or public agency. There is no cost to the nominator or person honored thanks to civic minded sponsors.
Nominations are due March 18th by 5 pm.
The Maine Volunteer Roll of Honor recognizes volunteers age 19 and older who meet the following criteria
- devoted 500 hours or more of volunteer service to the community during the past twelve months (January 1 – December 31 2021) preceding nomination deadline. Note charitable giving (i.e., participating in walkathons or other events to raise money) and court-ordered community service may not be counted.
- service hours are documented by the program(s) or organization(s) with whom the volunteer served.
Individuals added to the Maine Volunteer Rolls of Honor are recognized in the following ways:
- A Governor's Awards for Service and Volunteerism certificate signed by the Governor with the person's name and total hours of service during the prior year.
- A commemorative pin.
- Listing by name, town, and hours of service in an advertisement published in Bangor Daily News. This form of recognition is intended to generate more local congratulations from neighbors and friends of the volunteer. (Please note: The public announcement portion of recognition is for Adults only. Volunteer Maine does not publish public information about recipients under the age of 19.)
All volunteers certified as qualifying by the nominating program will be recognized. This is not a competitive recognition program.
- Submission Deadline and Instructions
- All nominations must be submitted using the spreadsheet file provided below. It should be sent as an email attachment to Nathan.email@example.com
- Download this NOMINATION DATA file. (Excel spreadsheet)
- Be sure to read the directions and complete all the fields requested. This is important since the data you provide is used to fill out the certificate and compose the newspaper and event listings.
- EMAIL the form as an attachment to Nathan.firstname.lastname@example.org