Ed Molleo, Medical Volunteer Coordinator for the Maine CDC's Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) team, lends his expertise to this three-part video series designed to assist volunteer leaders who may have questions or are looking for advice around restarting volunteer efforts during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This video series is a collaborative effort between Volunteer Maine and the Maine CDC's Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) team. To learn more about the PHEP team, please use the following link to access their website -- access here.
Part 1: What should volunteer leaders consider non-negotiable?
In part one of this three-part video series, Molleo explains what volunteer leaders should consider non-negotiable when it comes time to having volunteers serve in the presence of another person.
Websites mentioned in part 1:
- (2:00) State of Maine COVID-19 general information: https://www.maine.gov/
- (2:25) COVID-19 info for healthcare organizations in Maine: https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/
- (2:37) Maine Office of Aging and Disability Services: https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/oads/
- (2:43) Maine Department of Education: https://www.maine.gov/doe/home/
- (2:49) Maine Office of Child and Family Services: https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/ocfs/
- (2:54) U.S. CDC Coronavirus Guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/communication/guidance-list.html/
- (3:51) U.S. CDC Website on high-risk categories: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-with-medical-conditions.html
Part 2: What your plan should include if reinventing service delivery
Molleo explains what volunteer leaders and program managers should consider including in any plan to reinvent service delivery.
Websites mentioned in part 2:
- (2:32) SMCOAD website: http://www.southernmainecoad.org/
- (2:37) Maine VOAD website: https://mevoad.communityos.org/
- (3:07) Info on Maine's Healthcare Coalitions (HCC): https://www.mainehccs.com/
- (3:29) Info on Maine's EMAs: https://www.maine.gov/mema/
Part 3: Tips for altering screening and onboarding practices
Molleo discusses how an organization may need to alter its screening and onboarding as it resumes service.
Websites mentioned in part 3:
- (5:30) State of Maine behavioral health resources: https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/samhs/coronavirus.shtml
- (6:47) Information on Maine Medical Reserve Corps: https://mainemrc.org/
- (6:53) Information on Public Health Volunteer Programs: https://maineresponds.org/
- (7:14) State of Maine COVID-19 general information: https://www.maine.gov/
- (7:20) COVID-19 info for healthcare organizations in Maine: https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/