DATE: Friday, September 16, 2016
TIME: 10 am - 12 pm
LOCATION: Conference Room, Klahr Holocaust Center, Univ of Maine Augusta, 46 University Drive, Augusta, ME 04330
All business meetings are open to the public. The closest parking is the lot in front of the Randall Student Center. This link goes to a map of the campus layout.
TOPIC LEADER 10:00 Public Comment Period Portela 10:10 Call to Order Portela 10:12 Welcome, Announcements, Agenda Adjustments
3. Quiz Answer
4. Additions or Deletions to Agenda
Portela Focus on Mission/Responsibilities 10:15 A. AmeriCorps Launch and National Service Outreach project
B. New CNCS award announcements
(Reports submitted are posted.)
10:30 A. Minutes
Portela 10:35 B. Executive Committee
1. Accept August and August special reporst (affirm decisions)
2. September meeting notes posted. Respond to any clarifications requested.
Portela 10:40 C. ASC Update
1. Public policy news
2. Need to designate M Ashmore as Maine voting delegate at annual assembly
Holmes 11:00 D. Grant Selection and Performance
1. Summer business and upcoming priorities
2. Call for peer reviewers
Wihry 11:20 E. Excellence and Expertise
1. Meeting notes posted. Respond to any clarification requests.
Wentworth 11:22 F. Public Information and Education/ Public Policy
1. Report from meeting on 9/13
Portela 11:30 G. Blaine House Conference Planners
Wihry 11:35 H. CNCS Regional Office update Hite 11:40 I. MCCS Staff
1. Service Enterprise cohort involving Commission Staff
2. Staff work plans and priorities through January
Crofton/Ashmore Planning and Future Initiatives 11:45 A. 2016-2017 meeting schedule
B. Retreat logistics and location (Oct. 20/21)
C. Renew authorizaton for Exec Committee to act on behalf of board if needed between meetings
D. Maine Volunteer Foundation update
Portela, et al Business Wrap Up 11:50 A. Adjourn to Task Force Work Sessions
1. Reminder: Complete meeting evaluation forms
2. Next business meeting is October __, 2016- Conference Room 110, 19 Union Street, Augusta, ME
- Reports and Drafts
To facilitate board communication and assure compliance with the requirements for public notice, all MCCS meetings and work sessions will be posted on this site's Calendar as well as the State of Maine Legislative Calendar.
Task Force chairs are asked to check the dates/times/locations for their groups and notify staff of any changes.
As MCCS adds new staff and commissioners, we hope this central posting will help us all avoid "double booking" and, at the same time, make communication with partners smoother.
1. Business meeting minutes: June 2016
3. Grant Selection and Performance: August 2016
Performance Assessment for Goodwill Take2 AmeriCorps and funding recommendation
MCCS application for supplemental Program Development funds
ASC annual assembly background info
Blaine House Conference agenda and registration (October 11 - registration action needed!)
Conference flyer to distribute by email to Maine networks
- Commish's Quiz
More than a contest, this is part of the "in-service education" for Commission board members.
Commission Members should: email their response before 5 pm Thursday, Sept. 15, 2016!
Send your answers to Service.Commission@maine.gov. All correct answers will be well rewarded at the meeting.
This Month's Challenge
It's a 2 part question about the America's Service Commissions (ASC) which will hold its annual member assembly later in September. ASC is the "trade association" of State Service Commissions.
1. Who are the ASC staff? (Hint - look under "Who we are" at http://www.statecommissions.org/)
2. Which seats are vacant on the ASC board comprised of Commissioners and Commission staff? (Hint - see Background material section of HQ\Reports)