DATE: Friday, November 18, 2016
TIME: 10 am - 12 pm
LOCATION: Conference Room, Klahr Holocaust Center, Univ of Maine Augusta, 46 University Drive, Augusta, ME 04330
All business meetings are open to the public. The closest parking is the lot in front of the Randall Student Center. This link goes to a map of the campus layout.
TOPIC LEADER 10:00 Public Comment Period Portela 10:10 Call to Order Portela 10:12 Welcome, Announcements, Agenda Adjustments
3. Quiz Answer
4. Additions or Deletions to Agenda
Portela Focus on Mission/Responsibilities 10:15 A. Briefing: Opportunities for AmeriCorps impact on prescription drug and opiod addiction (prevention/recovery)
B. Commission Operating Budget for 2017
Webb-Jones Business Reports
(Reports submitted are posted.)
11:15 A. Minutes
Portela 11:20 B. Executive Committee
1. November meeting notes posted. Respond to any requests for clarifications.
2. Changes in Task Force membership
3. Status of appointment recommendations
Portela 11:30 C. ASC Update
1. Public policy news
Holmes 11:35 D. Grant Selection and Performance
1. Briefing for Commission on compliance report
2. Managing task force leadership
Wihry 11:45 E. Excellence and Expertise
1. Meeting notes posted. Respond to any clarification requests.
Wentworth 11:55 F. Public Information and Education/ Public Policy
1. Report from meeting on 11/14
Portela 12:00 G. Blaine House Conference
Crofton for Wihry 12:10 H. CNCS Regional Office update Hite 12:15 I. MCCS Staff
1. New report on Maine civic health and volunteering
Crofton/Ashmore Planning and Future Initiatives 12:20 A. Rebranding MCCS - consideration, discussion, refer for study
B. Proposed Memorandum of Agreement between MCCS and United Ways of Maine
Portela, et al
Business Wrap Up 12:30 A. Adjourn to Task Force Work Sessions
1. Reminder: Complete meeting evaluation forms
2. Next business meeting is January 14, 20176- Univ. of Maine Augusta, Augusta, ME
3. Joint PIE and E&E meeting to address issue from retreat
- Reports and Drafts
To facilitate board communication and assure compliance with the requirements for public notice, all MCCS meetings and work sessions will be posted on the Events page (internet calendar) as well as the State of Maine Legislative Calendar.
Task Force chairs are asked to check the dates/times/locations for their groups and notify staff of any changes.
As MCCS adds new staff and commissioners, we hope this central posting will help us all avoid "double booking" and, at the same time, make communication with partners smoother.
1. Business meeting minutes: October 2016
2. Executive Committee: November 2016
3. Excellence and Expertise: November 2016
4. Grant Selection and Performance: November 2016
Note: The following task forces meet the same week as business meeting. Their reports will appear as soon as possible.
5. Public Information and Education:
MCCS Team Report:
Grant Programs Officer: November 2016
Training and Program Development Officer: November 2016
National Service Outreach Assistant: November 2016
- Commish's Quiz
More than a contest, this is part of the "in-service education" for Commission board members.
Commission Members should: email their response before 5 pm Thursday, Nov. 17, 2016!
Send your answers to Service.Commission@maine.gov. All correct answers will be well rewarded at the meeting.
This Month's Challenge
On TUESDAY, 11/15, the new data profile on Volunteering and Civic Health in America was released. An update of Maine's profile is included.
Using the multi-year data on VolunteerMaine.org and the new Maine profile*, what conclusions might be drawn about
- the rate of volunteering in Maine,
- how many people volunteer, and
- how much time is devoted to community volunteering?
*Link will be live as of 7am on Tuesday when CNCS activates the site.