DATE: Friday, May 20, 2016
LOCATION: Conference Room, Klahr Holocaust Center, Univ of Maine Augusta, 46 University Drive, Augusta, ME 04330
All business meetings are open to the public. The closest parking is the lot in front of the Randall Student Center. This link goes to a map of the campus layout.
TOPIC LEADER 10:00 Public Comment Period Holmes 10:10 Call to Order Holmes 10:12 Welcome, Announcements, Agenda Adjustments
3. Quiz Answer
4. Additions or Deletions to Agenda
Holmes Focus on Mission/Responsibilities 10:15 A. AmeriCorps Grantee Briefing: Multilingual Leadership Corps
1. Mission/purpose, impact on community need, partners, lessons learned, other
Ross 10:30 B. Report on meeting/conference for Atlantic region State Commissions and CNCS program grantees Portela/Ashmore Business Reports
(Reports submitted are posted.)
10:40 A. Minutes
1. April meeting
Holmes 10:45 B. Executive Committee
1. Meeting notes posted. Respond to any clarifications requested.
Holmes 10:50 C. Grant Selection and Performance
1. Revised risk assessment of grantees (changes, when used, how results used)
2. Mid-year Grantee Progress Reports for AmeriCorps (see posted docs)
3. Schedule for AmeriCorps Formula reviews and continuation awards
Barrett 11:00 D. Board Development
1. Preliminary results of retreat survey
2. Reappointment requests and assistance identifying candidates for vacancies
Branham 11:05 E. Excellence and Expertise
1. Meeting notes are posted. Respond to clarifications requested.
2. Updates from post-meeting events
Parham 11:10 F. Public Information and Education/ Public Policy
1. Meeting updates from May 17
Portela 11:15 G. Blaine House Conference Planners
1. Status of planning process, call for additional participation
(TBA) 11:20 H. CNCS Regional Office update Hite 11:25 I. MCCS Staff
1. CNCS monitoring site visit and board implications
Crofton/Ashmore/ Fitzpatrick Planning and Future Initiatives 11:30 A. Briefing: The Service Year Alliance
1. Maine is one of founding Commissions of Service Year Exchange, a project of the Alliance. Update on merger of three national efforts, new entity's strategic plan, etc.
Rep of Service Year Exchange via video conference Business Wrap Up 11:50 A. Adjourn to Task Force Work Sessions
1. Reminder: Complete meeting evaluation forms
2. Next business meeting is June 17, 2016- Klahr Center, Univ. of Maine, Augusta
3. June 17 @ 1pm -- Joint meeting of Maine Service Enterprise Trainer Network and MCCS Excellence and Expertise Task Force
- Reports and Drafts
To facilitate board communication and assure compliance with the requirements for public notice, all MCCS meetings and work sessions will be posted on this site's Calendar as well as theState of Maine Legislative Calendar.
Task Force chairs are asked to check the dates/times/locations for their groups and notify staff of any changes.
As MCCS adds new staff and commissioners, we hope this central posting will help us all avoid "double booking" and, at the same time, make communication with partners smoother.
- Board Minutes: April 2016
- Executive Committe: May 2016
- Board Development: April 2016
- Excellence and Expertise: May 2016
- Grant Selection & Performance: May 2016
- Public Information & Education: Did not meet
MCCS Team Report:
Grant Programs Officer: April 2016
AmeriCorps Grantee Mid Year Progress Reports. These are organized by federal grant award so there are 4 documents.
MCCS TTA Investment Funds - submitted plan and budget
NEW Key message (adopted April 2016)
- Commish's Quiz
More than a contest, this is part of the "in-service education" for Commission board members.
Commission Members should: email their response before 5 pm Thursday, May 19, 2016!
Send your answers to Service.Commission@maine.gov. All correct answers will be well rewarded at the meeting.
This Month's Challenge
For May you have a 2-part question.
1. What three organizations merged to form the Service Year Alliance?
2. What four specific rationales for existence does the new organization list in its introduction?
Reference hint: Service Year Alliance/About