DATE: Friday, June 17, 2016
TIME: 10 am - 12 pm
LOCATION: Conference Room, Klahr Holocaust Center, Univ of Maine Augusta, 46 University Drive, Augusta, ME 04330
All business meetings are open to the public. The closest parking is the lot in front of the Randall Student Center. This link goes to a map of the campus layout.
TOPIC LEADER 10:00 Public Comment Period Holmes 10:10 Call to Order Holmes 10:12 Welcome, Announcements, Agenda Adjustments
3. Quiz Answer
4. Additions or Deletions to Agenda
Holmes Focus on Mission/Responsibilities 10:15 A. AmeriCorps Grantee Briefing: REAL School
1. Mission/purpose, impact on community need, partners, lessons learned, other
Anderson Business Reports
(Reports submitted are posted.)
10:30 A. Minutes
1. April meeting (held over)
2. May meeting
Holmes 10:35 B. Executive Committee
1. Accept May report (affirm submission of TTA funding plan to CNCS)
2. Meeting notes posted. Respond to any clarifications requested.
Holmes 10:40 C. ASC Update
1. Public policy news
Holmes 10:45 D. Board Development
1. Results of retreat survey
2. Summary of vacancies and reappointment requests
3. Recommendations for Governor's consideration
4. Slate of officers for 2016-2018 and election
Holmes 11:00 C. Grant Selection and Performance
1. Recommendations for continuation funding awards: AmeriCorps State Formula grantees
2. AmeriCorps Competitive program awards
Wihry 11:20 E. Excellence and Expertise
1. No report. Meeting is June 17 at 1pm
Parham 11:22 F. Public Information and Education/ Public Policy
1. Meeting updates from June 14
Portela 11:30 G. Blaine House Conference Planners
(TBA) 11:35 H. CNCS Regional Office update Hite 11:40 I. MCCS Staff
1. Commission TTA Funding
2. Call for planning help for October 7
Crofton/Ashmore Planning and Future Initiatives 11:45 A. September plans
1. Retreat is Sept 29-30. Do members want to move business meeting to the morning of 9/29 or keep it on scheduled day of 9/16?
Portela Business Wrap Up 11:50 A. Adjourn to Task Force Work Sessions
1. Reminder: Complete meeting evaluation forms
2. Next business meeting is September __, 2016- Klahr Center, Univ. of Maine, Augusta
3. June 17 @ 1pm -- Joint meeting of Maine Service Enterprise Trainer Network and MCCS Excellence and Expertise Task Force
- Reports and Drafts
To facilitate board communication and assure compliance with the requirements for public notice, all MCCS meetings and work sessions will be posted on this site's Calendar as well as the State of Maine Legislative Calendar.
Task Force chairs are asked to check the dates/times/locations for their groups and notify staff of any changes.
As MCCS adds new staff and commissioners, we hope this central posting will help us all avoid "double booking" and, at the same time, make communication with partners smoother.
2. Executive Committee meeting: June 2016
3. Grant Selection and Performance: June 2016
Recommendations for 2016-2017 AmeriCorps Formula funding
- Medical Care Development - AmeriCorps Somerset County
- RSU 14 - SySTEM REAL AmeriCorps
- Goodwill NNE - Multilingual Leadership Corps
Grant Programs Officer: Current
1. Slides from MLC AmeriCorps presentation at May meeting
2. Briefing by Kristen Bennett regarding Service Year Alliance
- Commish's Quiz
More than a contest, this is part of the "in-service education" for Commission board members.
Commission Members should: email their response before 5 pm Thursday, May 19, 2016!
Send your answers to Service.Commission@maine.gov. All correct answers will be well rewarded at the meeting.
This Month's Challenge
The Senate appropriations subcommitte that oversees the CNCS budget is Labor-HHS. The committee met twice between June 7 and 10 to markup their bill.
What does the summary indicate will be the recommended appropriations for CNCS and what 2 items did they note?
Reference: Mark up summary