Friday, January 15, 2016
Conference Room, Klahr Holocaust and Human Rights Center, Univ. of Maine Augusta, 46 University Drive, Augusta, ME 04330
All business meetings are open to the public. The closest parking is the lot in front of the Randall Student Center. This link goes to a map of the campus layout.
TOPIC LEADER 10:00 Public Comment Period Holmes 10:10 Call to Order Holmes 10:12
Welcome, Announcements, Agenda Adjustments
2. Sponsor Appreciation to Freemasons of Maine
(Grand Master David A. Walker representing)
3. Quiz Answer
5. Additions or Deletions to Agenda
Holmes Focus on Mission/Responsibilities 10:25 A. Briefing by Public Information and Education Task Force
1. Task force charge
2. Ongoing activities/responsibilities (maintenance of effort)
3. Strategic Plan – strategies assigned to PIE 2014 – 2017; completed work in 2015; focus for 2016.
Portela Business Reports
(Reports submitted are posted.)
10:40 A. Minutes
1. October meeting
2. November meeting
Holmes 10:45 B. Executive Committee
1. Meeting notes posted. Action on recommendations outlined in notes.
C. Grant Selection and Performance
1. Recommendations for submissions to AmeriCorps State Competitive grant process (federal competition)
Wihry 11:05 B. Board Development
1. Any updates
Branham 11:10 D. Excellence and Expertise
1. Meeting notes are posted. Respond to clarifications requested.
Liu 11:15 H. Public Information and Education/ Public Policy
1. Meeting updates from Jan. 12.
Portela 11:20 I. MCCS Staff
1. Governor’s Service Awards – need assistance for the committee of one.
2. Focus of training during monthly staff meetings.
3. Special events in Feb/March for Commissioners
Crofton/Ashmore Planning and Future Initiatives 11:30
1. Announcement of task force assignments
B. Maine Volunteer Foundation liaison
Holmes Business Wrap Up 11:45 A. Adjourn to Task Force Work Sessions
1. Reminder: Complete meeting evaluation forms
2. Next business meeting is February 19, 2016- Conference Room, Klahr Center, University of Maine Augusta
- Reports and Drafts
To facilitate board communication and assure compliance with the requirements for public notice, all MCCS meetings and work sessions will be posted on this site's Calendar as well as theState of Maine Legislative Calendar.
Task Force chairs are asked to check the dates/times/locations for their groups and notify staff of any changes.
As MCCS adds new staff and commissioners, we hope this central posting will help us all avoid "double booking" and, at the same time, make communication with partners smoother.
- Board Minutes: October 2015 ; November 2015
- Executive Committee: December 2015; January 2016
- Public Information and Education: January 2016
- Grant Selection and Performance: January 2016
- Excellence and Expertise: January 2016
- Board Development: no December meeting.
Nothing this month
- Commish's Quiz
More than a contest, this is part of the "in-service education" for Commission board members.
Commission Members should: email their response before 5 pm Thursday, January 14, 2016!
Send your answers to Service.Commission@maine.gov. All correct answers will be well rewarded at the meeting.
This Month's Challenge
When the enabling statute for CNCS and National Service was re-authorized in 2009, training and technical assistance functions previously distributed throughout the grant programs were gathered together into one section.
What are the allowable activities in the unified section of the law?