Major Projects Underway:
- Volunteer Program survey is collecting information around the effects of COVID on volunteer programs in the state. Survey results will inform future programming for volunteer managers from Volunteer Maine. Report due this week.
- VGF continuation report due on the 23rd – year 2 will be focusing on youth service and service enterprise development in the state, along with resources for volunteer managers.
- Received the ASC grant for $20k over 15 months to create professional development around Service Learning. We will work with a contractor to run the classes and we will be partnering the Maine Masonic Foundation to fund service projects.
- Volunteer Leadership Conference’s keynote speaker will be TJ Holloway of The Holloway Group, LLC. He will give a seminar about leadership and how to use your personal talents to bring out the talents of others. The form for other speakers is available for submission.
- Governor Service Awards event on June 21 at 6 pm.
Upcoming Project Focus:
- Creating a coordinating a Volunteer Managers network – especially for those who do not have a current running network in their area.
- Creating an AmeriCorps Alumni group to act as a CERT in Maine – working to set up the foundation and recruitment has begun on Maine Ready.
Prepared by Kelsey Preecs, Program Officer for Volunteer Initiatives