Climate Corps Coordinator: August 2022
- Released RFA for new Climate Corps funding and hosted public information session.
- Met with potential grantees for Climate Corps and AmeriCorps grants
- Attended info session on planning grants and operational grants led by other staff
- Conducted interviews for Planning Grant applicants
- Met with contacts in local government, state government, Maine organizations, and national service programs.
- Worked on updating content on Climate Corps webpage
- Helped host Northeast regional discussion about Climate Corps Opportunities (virtual)
- Attended AmeriCorps Symposium (virtual event)
- Attended webinar on climate and disaster preparedness
- Attended America's Service Commission 101 Orientation
- Attended Educator's Summit hosted by Department of Education
- Participated in interviews for Ending Hunger VISTA project program director
- Attended AmeriCorps Technical Assistance Session (in-person this month!)
- Attended staff meetings
- Attended ASC Climate Corps workgroup
- Attended DOE stand-up meeting
Upcoming Project Focus
- Review and submit Q&A for Climate Corps RFA
- Review final applications and work with peer reviewers for Climate Corps RFA
- Outreach and engagement to generate interest in AmeriCorps Operational grants in alignment with Climate Corps priorities.
- Continuing to meet and have calls with representatives of Maine organizations, national service, state government, etc.
- Attending Maine Emergency Management Conference (Sep 1)
- Commission Retreat
- Host AmeriCorps CEO in Maine