Program Officer for Volunteer Initiatives: February 2022
Major Projects Underway:
- Governor Service Awards and Roll of Honor are open -- close March 10
- Waiting for FEMA to release a CERT handbook to support new CERT programs -- Kelsey meeting with other commissions to learn how they support and CERTs.
- Spring CMV course underway -- Bryan and Kelsey to rerecord the orientation this summer.
- Global Youth Service Day is in April. Grants are available for projects.
- Staff is applying for the Community Foundation's Community building grant to support the Maine Volunteer Managers Network. Grants are up to $10K
- We were successful in getting the Micro-credentialing grant, $10K, that will allow us to get develop beginning level of volunteer management. An advisory committee has been established
Upcoming Project Focus:
- Service Enterprise cohort for the spring.
- E&E Task Force -- meetings switched
- Maine Volunteer Mangers Network: Always looking for speakers if you have suggestions.