Submitted by Jake Hurner
Major projects completed
- Held an initial site visit for first site ahead of recruitment season
- Met with community partners to discuss resources that could be leveraged for the program including Live + Work Maine, and Seacoast Mission
- Networked with relevant stake holders to establish ongoing support for an advisory task force.
- Continued to meet with Maine Health Access Foundation to discuss immediate funding of EMS project and future funding opportunities with the MSF model
- Received signed MOU for Airport project and began recruitment strategy
- Discussed larger comms plan with information officer
- Registered for Service Year and began to establish web presence for the MSF Program
Major focus of effort in the next month/continuation
- Continue to develop programmatic materials and procedures including recruitment materials and benefits poster, applicant selection procedure, reporting processes and documentation, program calendar etc.
- Continue identifying potential donor and grant opportunities available to both back fill remaining funding needed for a second fellow position and increase total numbers of spots on going.
- Developing strategy around fundraising in collaboration with foundation members to best make the case for individual fellow opportunities as aligned with identified donors’ values, and geographic area.
- Networking and collaborating with other State departments in the development of current applicant work plans as appropriate to their expertise. (i.e. aviation and EMS)
- Collaborating with current applicants to develop specific recruitment details and plan in advertising for a candidate.
- Continue to develop and formalize an interview and selection procedure.
- Networking with current VM stakeholders (climate advisory, volunteer network and foundation members) to continue to pursue funding opportunities to expand the reach of the program.
- Continue to review current applicant feedback to implement changes to next cycles procedures.
- Complete initial site Visit for second sponsor
- Review additional recruitment avenues as they relate to specific details of the individual opportunities.