Major projects completed
• Attended the Community Resilient Committee at Pleasant Point
• Continued recruitment efforts, having a physical and web presence including Linked IN, Google, Instagram, Service Year and College job boards.
• Interviewed first applicants for MSF
• Submitted an LOI for NBRC catalyst grant in partnership with MEMA
• Networked with relevant colleges and career centers including the community college system, St Joseph’s, Bowden, Bates and Unity Colleges’
• Worked with civilian Air Patrol to participate in recruiting form their cadets
• Completed second Site visit in Pleasant Point
Major focus of effort in the next month/continuation
• Continue to develop programmatic materials and procedures including recruitment materials and benefits poster, applicant selection procedure, reporting processes and documentation, program calendar etc.
• Continue identifying potential donor and grant opportunities available to both back fill remaining funding needed for a second fellow position and increase total numbers of spots on going.
• Developing strategy around fundraising in collaboration with foundation members to best make the case for individual fellow opportunities as aligned with identified donors’ values, and geographic area.
• Networking and collaborating with other State departments in the development of current applicant work plans as appropriate to their expertise. (i.e. aviation and EMS)
• Collaborating with current applicants to develop specific recruitment details and plan in advertising for a candidate.
• Continue to develop and formalize an interview and selection procedure.
• Networking with current VM stakeholders (climate advisory, volunteer network and foundation members) to continue to pursue funding opportunities to expand the reach of the program.
• Continue to review current applicant feedback to implement changes to next cycles procedures.
• Review additional recruitment avenues as they relate to specific details of the individual opportunities.
• Work with advisory taskforce to determine best structure for the program term and payroll options
• Begin to network with future site applicants and communities through letters of intent.