Climate Corps Coordinator: October 2022
- Coordinated review process for Climate Corps RFA with peer reviewers and grant task force.
- Supported Maine Volunteer Foundation in submitting a grant application for a climate-focused Service Fellow position.
- Worked on developing objective, processes, and criteria for new Maine Climate Corps Network.
- Developed workplan goals for coming year.
- Presented to Blue Hill Peninsula Tomorrow climate action working group to share opportunity of Climate Corps and Maine Service Fellows.
- Worked with ASC colleague on workshop presentation proposal for 2023 Corps Network Conference.
- Traveled to Hancock and Washington Counties to meet with community groups and learn about their needs.
- Met with contacts in local government, state government, Maine organizations, and national service programs.
- Met with potential applicants for AmeriCorps grants.
- Attended Maine Municipal Association Conference to recruit towns for Service Fellows and Climate Corps.
- Attended staff meetings.
- Attended ASC Climate Corps workgroup.
- Attended Commission meeting.
- Attended Research and Evaluation Task Force Meeting.
- Attended Justice40 workgroup meeting in state government.
- Attended Partnership for Civilian Climate Corps implementation workgroup.
Upcoming Project Focus
- Work with selected grantee for Climate Corps RFA on revisions to budget and application.
- Outreach and engagement to generate interest in AmeriCorps Operational grants in alignment with Climate Corps priorities.
- Attend Bangor Fusion conference to network with organizations and community leaders.
- Attend Nature-based Education Consortium Convening.
- Attend and support Volunteer Manager's Conference.
- Research and network to identify potential funding sources for Climate Corps (via Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and other sources).
- Launch first Climate Corps E-News.
- Propose Maine Climate Corps Network criteria to Task Force and full Commission for approval.
- Continuing to meet and have calls with representatives of Maine organizations, national service, state government, etc.