Climate Corps Coordinator: December 2022
- Developed contract for new Climate Corps grantee and moved through Procurement/Accounting administrative processes by end of quarter deadline.
- Developed proposed workplan for Climate Corps program in 2023 with Chair of Research and Evaluation Task Force.
- Met with contacts in local government, state government, Maine organizations, and national service programs.
- Presented to University of New England Legacy Scholars about Climate Corps Vision and Opportunities.
- Met with potential applicants for AmeriCorps grants.
- Attended Commission meeting and presented Maine Climate Corps Network criteria for feedback. Was approved by Commission.
- Develop and adapt grant policies for Climate Corps (non-Federal funding) to be presented to Commission for approval.
- Attended staff meetings and trainings.
- Attended ASC Climate Corps workgroup.
Upcoming Project Focus:
- Plan for potential Federal funding opportunities for climate corps.
- Launch reporting templates and guidance to new Climate Corps grantee to support in start-up.
- Continuing to meet and have calls with representatives of Maine organizations, national service, state government, etc.
- Participate in UMS micro-credential development team.
- Attend Maine Woodland Owners' Forestry Forum
- Present to Managers' Meeting of Department of Environmental Protection