- Met with key contacts in local government, Maine organizations, and national service programs.
- Hosted follow-up scoping meeting for Energy Education and Home Energy Conservation Climate Corps Program. Finalized report and 4 service activity models.
- Hosted multiple orientations for new R&E Task Force members.
- Developed ideas for workforce development programming in conjunction with Climate Corps efforts.
- Attended SOS Training event with ED of TransNet
- Writing and development of RFA for new state-funded Climate Corps (LD 1974).
Upcoming Project Focus:
- Invited to help with interviews of DACF VISTA Program Director
- Outreach and engagement to generate interest in AmeriCorps Planning Grant Opportunity in alignment with Climate Corps priorities.
- Continuing to meet and have calls with representatives of Maine organizations, national service, state government, etc.
- Attending DOE Educator’s Summit
- Northeast Regional Discussion with other Commissions about Climate Corps Opportunities
- AmeriCorps Symposium (Virtual)
- Attended Research & Evaluation Task Force Meeting
- Attended AmeriCorps Technical Assistance Session
- Attended staff meetings
- Attended ASC Climate Corps workgroup
- Attended Partnership for Civilian Climate Corps meeting
Prepared by Kirsten Brewer.