Volunteer Maine, Maine's service commission, is closely monitoring the developments surrounding the Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19, outbreak. As such, the following measures are being taken to help reduce any potential spread of COVID-19.
- Maine AmeriCorps Formula Standard Bidders Conference, originally scheduled for Wednesday, March 18 at 9 a.m., will now take place virtually. More details on the virtual conference will be shared once available.
- Maine AmeriCorps Rural State Bidders Conference, originally scheduled for Wednesday, March 18 at 9 a.m., will now take place virtually. More details on the virtual conference will be shared once available.
- The Maine Service Fellows Think Tank Workshop, originally scheduled for Friday, March 13, has been postponed until mid-May (specific date and time to be determined).
- The full Volunteer Maine Commission meeting, scheduled for Friday, March 20 at 10 a.m., has been canceled. The next full Commission meeting is currently scheduled for Friday, April 17 at 10 a.m., however the status of that meeting will be taken into consideration as further developments unfold.
- Maine National Service Day at Capitol, originally scheduled for March 26 at 8:30 a.m. inside the Hall of Flags, has been canceled. No makeup date will be announced.
- The Maine AmeriCorps Member Conference, originally scheduled for Wednesday, April 1, has been postponed to Wednesday, May 27 at the University of Maine Hutchinson Center in Belfast.
Volunteer Maine will continue to share updates on COVID-19 response, when appropriate. Information will be shared on Facebook, Twitter, via email, and on the news section of our website, maineservicecommission.gov/news.