Major projects completed
- Contracted with The Zone Corporation (radio stations WKIT and WZON) to run AmeriCorps PSAs through 10/31/22.
- Acquired and sorted last of missing affidavits from Maine Association of Broadcasters, uncovering an additional $30,000, which will go to the VG2 grant.
- Outreach and promotion of Maine Climate Corps requests for funding applications.
- Outreach and promotion of Maine AmeriCorps Rural State Grant requests for funding applications.
- Video edits and captioning for Maine AmeriCorps Planning Grant info session replay, for Procurement office.
- Video edits and captioning for Maine AmeriCorps Rural State Grant info session replay, for Procurement office.
- Video edits and captioning for Maine Climate Corps grant info session replay, for Procurement office.
- Video edits and captioning for Maine AmeriCorps Planning Grant applicant interview replays, for Procurement office.
- Completed course assignments and participated in SISGI August training.
- Collaborated with Climate Corps Coordinator to rewrite language for Maine Climate Corps webpage (will be published once reviewed).
- Assisted Executive Director in the redesign of Maine Service Fellows web pages.
- Acquired venue for Maine AmeriCorps Commitment ceremony: Hall of Flags, State Capitol.
Issues to be aware of
- Due to scheduling conflicts, the Communications Task Force did not meet in August. The group will convene as scheduled in September.
- Inability to use "apprenticeship" in upcoming advertising campaign: Acting on guidance from the Governor's energy office, Roche learned in a meeting with the Department of Labor that it would not be appropriate to use the phrase "apprenticeship" when advertising service corps opportunities. After bringing this information to the staff team, the staff settled on "Training for Life." This shift will cause a delay in the launch of the campaign.
Major focus of effort in the next month
- Organizing Maine AmeriCorps Commitment Ceremony.
- PR plan for AmeriCorps CEO Michael Smith's visit.
- Development of Training for Life campaign, specifically determining best avenues for promotion.
- Collaborating with Task Force to produce an op-ed in-line with Training for Life concept.
- Continued digital promotion of AmeriCorps service opportunities.
- "Volunteer Fare" newsletter reboot.
- Ongoing work to update press release/news distribution lists to include updated list of commissioners, MVF Board members, and other supporters both in state government and AmeriCorps Federal agency.
- Continuing to assist Program Officer for Volunteer Sector Initiatives with content planning for Maine Volunteer Leadership Conference.
- Acting on further direction for Maine Climate Corps and Maine Service Fellows outreach initiatives.
Prepared by Communications Officer Bryan Roche